JCBA Leadership Opportunities and Open Positions - 2017
There are many leadership opportunities and encourage you to get involved! Leadership Application Form and Open Positions - Info Here!
Opportunities to Lead and Serve
The Johnson County Bar Association (JCBA) was formed in 1938 and has a volunteer membership of approximately 1,400 attorneys and judges practicing in the Johnson County, Kansas and surrounding county area.
A total of 17 committees provide abundant opportunities to learn, network and lead. You can expand your knowledge of practice areas such a family law or probate law. Or, you might want to serve on a bench/bar committee on criminal or juvenile law. Or flex your muscles on the association's Community Outreach Committee or the Membership Committee.
What's more, members have the opportunity to engage in philanthropic work through programs sponsored by the association's charitable arm, the Johnson County Bar Foundation. Ali Kemp "Take" Foundation, Gift of Life, Kansas Foster & Adoptive Children, Head Start of Shawnee Mission, Kansas are a few of the organizations which have benefited from the foundation's work.
The goals of the Johnson County Bar Association are -
- promote public respect for our Constitution and form of government;
- promote the equal and efficient administration of justice;
- encourage and enforce high standards of integrity, honor and courtesy in the legal profession;
- create awareness of issues of importance to the practicing bar and to the community;
- provide and encourage leadership for improvement of the community;
- provide continuing legal education for its members and promote the science of jurisprudence;
- cultivate fraternity among its members