Civil Litigation Section Presents:
The Nuts & Bolts of Ethically Using Expert Witnesses
on Damage Issues
June 13th, | 3:00-4:50pm
Matt Ross Center, Downtown Overland Park
2.0 CLE KS & MO (1.0 Ethics)
3pm: Expert Witnesses – The Kansas, Missouri & Federal Rules
Presenters: Charles (Trey) Windham, Wallace Saunders; Sarah Otto, Foulston Siefkin.
The program will focus on the ethics of expert witness disclosure requirements between Kansas, Missouri, and Federal. The presentation will include the different privileges and protections, what is discoverable and what is not, and discuss the relevant case law.
4pm: A Panel of Experts., Discussing the Experts!
Andrew DeMarea, KNDK Law
Chris Jayaram, Horn Aylward & Bandy
Lucy McShane, McShane & Brady
Kevin Weakley, Wallace Saunders
Moderator: Scott Nehrbass, Foulston Siefkin
The panel will discuss the following;
1. Researching and finding experts;
2. Considerations for whether you need an expert and what kind;
3. Contacting experts;
4. Communicating with experts (dovetail with first hour);
5. Agreements with experts on fees;
6. Presentation at trial (trial exhibits, visual aides, demonstrations, etc.);